ADP Episode #003: Overcoming “Dad Bod” by Losing 115lbs
This past week I’ve been in Richfield, OH with my family as Rozanne attends a homeschooling conference to get her prepped for the upcoming school year.
We’re here with some friends and rented a house just outside of Cleveland in a nice park and conservation area so the kids had room to get outdoors and run around.
On Wednesday we hit the Rock’n’Roll Hall of Fame and then went to an Indians Game at Progressive Field (we’re missing AJ – she gets back from Argentina on Sunday)…
Growing up I was huge baseball fan… it was the first sport I fell in love playing.
And so here in Cleveland going to a ball game was a dream come true. The atmosphere, the energy, old-time style ball park. Amazing.
It was my first time going to a ball park outside of Toronto. And to watch the Indians beat the Yankees to give my hometown Toronto Blue Jays sole possession of 1st place in the AL East was an added bonus.
And the best part is that all the kids have been doing since have been playing baseball outside in the front yard.
In today’s Episode of the #AlphaDad Podcast I interview my friend Mikey “Pancakes” Whitfield and we talk about his journey losing 115lbs and how that changed his life both physically and mentally.
Mikey’s is a feel good story of overcoming obstacles and taking life by the horns and leveraging your successes.
Not only did Mike lose 115lbs and transform his body, but he took the lessons he learned in that transformation and used it to create a business that helps others transform their body…
This is both an informative and entertaining episode as Mikey is one of the funniest guys I’ve ever had the pleasure of calling a friend.
Get your #AlphaDad on and check out this week’s Episode of the #AlphaDad Podcast…
And please don’t forget to Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes and leave a review.
Mike says about himself:
After dropping 115 pounds, Mike thrust himself into the fitness world, networking with trainers and fellow athletes, believing that “if someone like me can lose 115 pounds, then anyone can lose weight.” Coming from a personal training background, Mike developed the concept of “workout finishers,” which eventually he turned into his online business.
First Steps for online success:
1. Get early adopters on for free
a. Ask friends and family members to join
b. Ask clients to signup early for free
c. Exchange free memberships for testimonials and networking
2. “Take imperfect action”
a. Don’t wait until everything is perfect to start
b. Start as soon as you can, and adjust it along the way
c. Momentum is important
3. Model what works
a. Find successful sites or business in the same vein
b. Model what they’re doing in your own way
c. You have to start somewhere
Selected Links from the Show:
· Craig Ballantyne from Turbulence Training
· Mike’s site, Workout Finishers
· Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
· Show Introduction [0:33]
· Interview Starts at [24:26]
· The “Finishers” concept [27:06]
· Transitioning from training 1-on-1 to 1-on-thousands [28:09]
· The Mastermind Network connects various entrepreneurs doing similar things [30:43]
· Mike’s suggestions for the first steps into an online business [31:54]
· “The 7-year Overnight Success Story” [34:43]
· “The best thing about being an entrepreneur is that we get to decide which 18 hours of the day we’re going to be working.” [35:13]
· Mike’s day-to-day routine [35:30]
· Favorite NBA player [35:18]
· What’s the one thing you must do every day for yourself or your business? [40:25]
· Rise And Hustle [41:52]
· Inspiration and gathering ideas [46:08]
· The “Dad-bod” phenomenon [48:02]
· Diet free weekends [50:55]
· Weekly vs. Daily calorie intake/deficit [52:38]
· #1 Productivity Tip [56:20]
· #1 Book that everyone should have [56:42]
· Top 5 favorite comedians [57:20]
· What song would play when you walk out on the baseball field? [58:24]
· Death row meal [58:45]
· The “roll of paper towels” analogy [59:42]
Thanks for listening!
It goes without saying that I would appreciate your support, so please subscribe and download the Podcast on iTunes (it’s available on Stitcher and SoundCloud as well) and leave a 5-star review if you find it of value.